COVID 19 UPDATE
Due to the recent government announcement, we are now in Tier 2. This unfortunately means we have had to update our pub rules in order to be compliant with the new restrictions. It’s a bit long but please read so that we can all enjoy our wonderful pub safely!
Our TEMPORARY rules based on the government guidelines & law:
1. We strongly recommend booking , we have had to remove a lot of our tables so we are down to a much lower capacity. All tables will be allocated 2 hours.
2. As we are now in tier 2 for a table inside people must be from the same household. People from different households can have a table outside or in our marquee but the rule of 6 applies.
3. We are unable to take bookings for drinks only as in line with government guidelines we are only able to serve alcoholic beverages with a substantial meal.
4. All customers will be required to enter via the front door only.
5. All customers must wear a face mask (unless exempt) when entering and moving around the pub.
6. Upon arrival you will need to wait to be seated.
7. Whilst waiting please use our QR code to check in, full name and contact number are required for NHS test and trace. You will be refused entry if you refuse.
8. The maximum table size we can accept is 6. This includes children of all ages. Unfortunately we cannot accept any larger bookings split over several tables.
9. The public play park will remain closed and all children must be kept at their tables at all times. We recommend bringing activities to entertain your children.
10. We are operating full table service inside and out.
PLEASE remember that we are all still learning so we ask that you bear with us during this strange time. We will be doing things by the book as best we can in order for everyone to feel as safe as possible so we ask that you support us in doing so. We won’t be as relaxed as we normally are and for this we apologise – it is not our ideal situation but it means we can once again open our doors and welcome you back.
These rules are subject to change as government guidelines change and remember each rule has been put in place for a reason.
But most of all we can’t wait to welcome you all back and thank you for your continued support.
TEMPORARY Opening Times
Please see festive page for festive hours.
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – Closed
Our postcode is GU8 6AN, and follow the link for more information
All our dishes are skilfully handmade in our kitchen and cooked to order
With a great range of Beers, Ciders, Wine and Soft drinks available there’s plenty of choice
Originally purpose-built as a pub circa 1900, the Cyder House has undergone a number of changes over the years, but remains at the heart of the village.The Cyder House is a beautiful country pub serving delicious home cooked food made to order. We are family and dog friendly – we even have a dog station to keep our four legged friends happy! We are also lucky enough to have a playground attached to our beer garden but there are also plenty of toys for our younger guests to enjoy inside..
We have a fantastic children’s menu to suit all tastes and lots of toys and games to keep them happy while inside. If the weather is nice why not grab a drink and head over to the village playground attached to our beer garden and let them have a run around?
All dogs big and small are welcome at the Cyder House. Our pub dog Nala is always ready to greet them and make friends! We have lots of treats, blankets, water bowls and even poo bags to accommodate our four legged friends
Still looking for a reason to visit? Then have a look at our events page for details of our regular quiz night and more….